So you’ve decided to invest in a stairlift, but there are so many makes and models available that it can be a bit overwhelming to choose the best stairlift for you, and you might not know where to start!
When you’re choosing your stairlift, there’s lots of different factors to take into account; varying features such as speed, weight capacity, comfortability and price. Getting the best stairlift guarantees enjoyment of new and updated technological features, as well as durability, and helps you make the most of your investment.
To help get you started, we’ve written this article on some our customers favourite makes and models of stairlifts;
The Acorn 130 straight stairlift is a popular option since it is easy to use, requires little maintenance, and is very dependable. The refurbished Acorn 130 stairlift includes a 12-month warranty as standard; extended warranties are also available. Starting cost is around £2,200 for a new model, which can increase depending on additional personal requirements. The maximum weight capacity is 159 kg.
Why our customers love the Acorn 130 Straight Stairlift
- Installation is available the following day after purchase if purchased with us.
- It has a smooth start-stop mechanism that makes it possible to glide up and down the stairs with ease.
- Low running costs
- It easily fits to the steps instead of the wall.
- It folds while not in use for extra space
- It has a customizable hinged rail available to remove any obstructions.
- It has safety precaution features such as seat belts, diagnostic displays, and backup batteries
Due to the Handicare 1100 Stairlift‘s ultra-slim profile and small size, it can be installed close to a wall while still giving enough space for other stair users to move safely. Total costs depend on customer personal requirements and configuration of the staircase. But the basic price starts at £1,400 for a reconditioned model, and £1,995 new. It has a maximum weight capacity of 140kg.
Why our customers love the Handicare 1100
- It has the thinnest rail in the market
- Beautiful Vanilla Upholstery
- It is Foldable and has a compact design when not in use.
- Easy to climb on and off because the seat at the top landing swivels.
- It has safety sensors that will stop the stairlift immediately if they detect an obstruction on the way.
- No need to lubricate the rail with oil or grease.
- Its unique 4-wheel drive techno gives it quiet and reliable motors.
The Flow X is an extremely popular model, it’s precision engineered for excellent comfortability and works really well for narrow, curved staircases. The stairlift chair has a large, comfy backrest and an ergonomically designed seat area.It doesn’t only look and perform well, but it is host to a number of extra safety features – such as armrest detection, emergency lowering button and a soft start/stop system. The maximum weight capacity is 125kg, and prices start from £6,600.
Why our customers love the Thyssen Flow X Stairlift
- Can be configured precisely to your staircase with a bespoke rail design.
- Encourages a healthy posture
- Custom Colour Service available to perfectly match your home decor
An innovative model indeed! This is truly one of our most sought after Stairlifts. The Handicare 2000 Curved Stairlift myth busts the stereotype that stairlifts look ugly and out of place. There are lots of design options available, and the rail itself is completely tailored to your curved staircase. The maximum weight capacity is 115kg for a standard model, but there is also a heavy-duty version available which increases max weight to 137kg. New prices are around £5,100.
Why our customers love the Handicare 2000
- Ability to choose to go around the internal or external bends of your staircase
- Super customisable! 3 seat types to choose from, in 5 different colours.
- Additional upgrades available, such as a folding footplate or swivel seat
Platinum stairlifts are among the most advanced and innovative available, so it’s no wonder that one made its way to being a customer favourite. The Platinum Ultimate Curved Stairlift is truly top-of-the-range, and is the first stairlift to offer forward-facing travel. This stairlift also has something known as a “First Step Start” which means that the stairlift starts on the first step, leaving a bit extra space on the bottom of the stairs. This stairlift starts at £6,600 making it one of the more expensive on our list, but it is worth every penny. This stairlift is also available in two weight options – 120kg limit as standard, or 160kg as a heavy duty version.
Why our customers love the Platinum Ultimate Curved Stairlift.
- Custom Upholstery colours available
- Powered Swivel Seat
- Fits on to staircases thought previously unsuitable for stairlifts
- Diagnostics display on the arm for easy use and maintenance
- Detects Obstacles and stops automatically
We hope that this guide has been helpful for the start of your stairlift purchase journey. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if there’s any more info we can provide on the products featured here, or, any of our other, many products we have available. We’d love to help!